- Job reference: LOATSA/PRM1712
- Location: Redhill
- Salary: £32322 - £37455 per annum
- Job type: Permanent
- Sector: Further Education
- Date posted: 02/07/2012
Latoya Obarogie - 0800 316 1332
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Programme Manager-Caring Services to work in a Further Education college in Surrey.
This exciting post involves:
* Taking the department forward by leading on new initiatives to achieve excellence
* Motivating, coaching and inspiring a team of lecturers to deliver outstanding results
* Acting as a subject specialist and ensuring the delivery of the highest quality teaching & learning
* To provide academic leadership and to deputise for the Head of Department as required
* To support curriculum development across the department and to ensure full compliance with all health and safety regulations
* Under the leadership of the Head of Department the post holder is responsible for the day to day overview of the deployment and delivery of teaching and learning across the curriculum department
* To assist in the appointment and induction of new teaching staff
* To carry out appraisals (PPDRs) as directed by the Head of Department and identify staff development needs in accordance with East Surrey College strategic priorities
* To support the development of the lecturing staff by mentoring and coaching where required, and to identify and share best practice in teaching and learning
* To be responsible for the recruitment of students onto programmes as required by the Head of Department
* To ensure effective departmental admissions procedures for all learners, including pre-entry advice and guidance and diagnostic assessment
* To monitor, evaluate and improve upon existing attendance, retention, and achievement rates in order to ensure achievement of operating targets
* To ensure that course documentation and course quality systems conform to College requirements and are produced in an accurate and timely manner
* To ensure that quality control and assurance systems meet the requirements of the validating bodies including leading on IVing and preparation for EV/ Standards Moderation, and to be a member of the Observation team
* To recommend timetables and delivery models that are both efficient and effective in their use of resources and that fully meet the needs of learners
* This role may include IV responsibility for a Principal Subject Area for BTEC qualifications
* To support the development of full cost and other programmes to meet the needs of the business community and other stakeholders
Capita Education Resourcing is the leading education recruitment specialist and offers the largest staffing support network for colleges in the UK. There is a wide range of opportunities for lecturers, trainers, teachers, assessors, and distant learning tutors in both non-vocational and vocational subjects.
Capita Education Resourcing is an accredited Quality Mark Company.
Capita Education Resourcing is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual is assessed on merit alone.
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.