Head of House
- Job reference: Luton1001
- Location: Tring
- Salary: £22000 - £24646 per annum
- Job type: Permanent
- Sector: Secondary School
- Date posted: 14/06/2012
Tarja Aila - 0800 151 3557
HEAD OF HOUSE (PASTORAL CARE)
SALARY: H7 (£22,221 - £24,646) pro rata
HOURS: 37 hrs per week term time + 6 weeks
COMMENCING: SEPTEMBER 2012
Tring School based in Hertfordshire are recruiting for a Head of House (Pastoral Care) to start in September 2012.
"Tring is a good and improving school with an outstanding sixth form." With good/outstanding personal development and well-being of students, students whom obviously enjoy coming to school due to the fact that their attendance is above the national average and positive attitudes to learning and behaviour, this is a supportive and dynamic Specialist Humanities College.
At this exciting time in its development, curriculum breadth, high standards and community involvement are at the heart of the school's work. Collaboration with other educational providers is adding to the opportunities for Tring students, and the development of the school's facilities for community and life-long learning is moving forward rapidly.
The ideal applicant will be enthusiastic, dynamic and an inspirational colleague to lead a team of 17 tutors in supporting the welfare and progress of 375 students in their House. You will be responsible for liaising with staff and parents to ensure that effective partnerships are maintained and enhanced to support effective learning within the school whilst promoting and upholding the House system.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Clear vision for raising standards
- Good Level of education - GCSE/A Level
- Understanding of the education system and experience of working in an educational establishment
- Line management experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Ability to work with challenging students and their families
- Excellent inter-personal and persuasive skills
- Ability and willingness to offer extra-curricular activities
- All staff members receive high quality CPD opportunities.
Closing Date: 22nd June 2012
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check being undertaken before the position commences.
For more information please contact Tarja Aila our recruitment partner at Capita Education on 0800 316 2385 or e-mail your CV
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.