Geography Teacher Nottingham
- Reference: nbraysecgeognotts
- Location: Nottingham
- Salary: £100 - £130 per day
- Job type: Interim (Temporary)
- Sector: Secondary School
- Date posted: 13/07/2012
Seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Geography Teacher for a long term temporary contract in a mainstream Secondary School in the Nottinghamshire area.
Applicants must be available from February 2012. A talented Teacher of Geography, to teach across a wide ability range from key stage 3 to Key stage 4. A willingness to take an active part in the vibrant life of the school is essential.
Applicants must hold Qualified Teacher Status, be a Geography specialist, and have experience of at least 3 months teaching Geography at secondary school level.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong classroom management and an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of National Curriculum Geography specifications
- Previous experience of teaching geography at GCSE and ideally at A-Level
- A passion for teaching and a genuine desire to help students of all backgrounds succeed
- A track record of effective teaching as evidenced by previous results
- The willingness to develop teaching skills, working as a team player and sharing best practice
- Excellent geographical field skills
- A willingness to be involved in the wider school community and extra-curricular activities
Must hold, or be willing to apply for, an Enhanced CRB disclosure. References will be required.